Pasbanan-   Eighteen people were killed on Sunday when a suicide bomber blew up himself at a funeral ceremony in the capital of eastern Nangarhar province. According to reports 14 people were injured, all civilians, the incident happened at the funeral ceremony of a former district chief of Haskma Mena district, Wali Gul,in Jalalabad, the provincial capital.

Nangarhar Governor’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told media: suicide bombing took place in south of Jalalabad City at the Muqam Khan cemetery. He added a large number of people were attending the Nimaz Janaza of Gul Wali, former district chief of Haska Mena, when the blast happened.

Earlier, Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal said 18 bodies and 14 injured had been evacuated to hospitals. The injured were in stable condition, he added. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast, but Daesh and Taliban militants have recently stepped up their attacks in the country.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *