At the same time US President Joe Biden announced US troops’ withdrawal on September 11, 2021, the Taliban have now issued a newsletter warning the United States that they no longer trust them.
According to a newsletter released by the Taliban, the group has decided to target all US and foreign forces in the country. “This decision is a public violation of the Doha agreement and a failure to live up to its promise,” the Taliban said in a statement. All parties should know that the Islamic Emirate has so far complied with the agreement, implemented it, and considered it the only solution to the conflict. “Now, if the United States violates the agreement.”
The newsletter also highlights: “The Islamic Emirate opens the way for any necessary action to the Mojahedin, so the responsibility for the future consequences lies with the Americans, not the Islamic Emirate. “The Islamic Emirate wants the United States and all the occupying countries to stop making excuses for prolonging the war and occupation and to withdraw all their forces from Afghanistan as soon as possible.”
But in response, the NATO Secretary-General told the Taliban newsletter that NATO allies would respond with all their might to the Taliban’s offensive. Mr. Stoltenberg said: “Any attack by the Taliban on our forces when our forces withdraw from Afghanistan will be met with a strong response. We went to Afghanistan together. We have adjusted our situation together. And we are united in leaving this country. This is not an easy decision, and it carries risks. “As I have been saying for months, we are facing a dilemma because there is no other option but to leave the country regularly and end our longest battle.”
The Taliban released the newsletter as US President Joe Biden said in a message to US citizens the night before that it was time for all US troops to return home and that instead of a military presence, we should now have diplomatic relations. Let’s start again with Afghanistan.