Taliban preconditions for peace in Afghanistan
It is said that the Taliban have recently partnered with Mr. Zalmai Khalilzad privately for the sake of the future government, and Khalilzad replied that if there is an agreement on this, the United States has no problem.
1. The future leadership of Afghanistan, whatever its name, whether it is the President, Amir al-Mu’minin, or any other name, must be appointed as the head of government through the allegiance of the religious scholars of that person.
2. The Council of Ulema should be the largest decision-making center in the country. The majority of this council should follow the Hanafi religion.
3. The parliament should exist, but the election and appointment of members of parliament should be done through the Council of Ulema, not through the votes of the people.
4. The Prime Minister or the Minister, including the members of the Cabinet, should receive a vote of confidence after being nominated by the Supreme Leader through the Council of Ulema, and not from another authority.
5. They should have a role in drafting and passing the laws of the parliament, but not the key, but the final approval and decision of the laws should be in the hands of the Council of Ulema.
6. The chairman of the Ulema Council must follow the Hanafi religion and the president or Amir al-Mu’minin or any other name that is agreed upon must obey the same Ulema Council unconditionally.
Note: I personally do not believe that the above sentences and words can solve the current problem of Afghanistan, which is the continuation of the war.
Author: Ahmad Saeedi