Security officials in Ghazni province say four Taliban fighters, including a senior member of the group, have been killed in the province.
“Four Taliban insurgents have been killed in clashes between security forces and Taliban insurgents in Sar-e-Faraz village of Aband district,” the Ghazni governor’s press office said in a news release on Monday.
The bulletin adds that Abdul Rashid, known as Karim, one of the group’s leaders, was also killed during the clash and that the country’s security and defense forces were not harmed in the clash.
So far, the Taliban have not told the media about the incident.
Meanwhile, 15 Taliban fighters were killed and 10 others were wounded in airstrikes on Taliban positions in the village of Arezoo in Ghazni’s third security district yesterday.
Taliban violence kills at least 11 to 49 civilians on a daily base
The Taliban have stepped up their attacks on Afghan security forces in recent days. Although American president Joe Biden two weeks ago officially announced the conclusive withdrawal of US and NATO troops from Afghanistan, which begin yesterday first May. But still, the Taliban have not given up their violence and have expanded their attacks.
As a result, the Afghan government and their allies have occasionally asked the Taliban to stop the violence as soon as possible and hold an immediate cease-fire. In response, the insurgent group has boosted their attacks on the Afghan forces and harming civilians.
In the most recent case, US media findings show that an average of at least 11 to 49 civilians has died in Taliban insurgency since the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan.
The Taliban have reportedly increased most of their operations in the south and southwest of the country. “The Taliban attacked checkpoints and security belts in the city of Qalat last night,” said Rajan Haq Bayan, head of the Zabul provincial council, acknowledging the increase in Taliban attacks.
“Clashes between security forces and the Taliban left at least three policemen dead and two others wounded.”
However, army officials in Zabul said at least nine Taliban fighters had been killed in the clashes. The clashes are said to have lasted for hours, with most of the damage to civilians.
Shocking reports were released by human rights organizations and human rights organizations after US President Joe Biden announced that September 15, the deadline for the withdrawal of US troops and their European allies, would be on April 15, 2021. At least 226 civilians and military personnel have been killed in Afghanistan’s 24 provinces from April 15 to 30, two weeks after the official withdrawal of US troops.
Statistics also show that 69 civilians were killed by roadside bombs and other acts of terrorism during this period, and 157 soldiers were killed in face-to-face battles. The report comes as a Taliban car bomb attack in Logar left at least 100 people dead and wounded, with Ghani urging retaliation.