As fighting intensifies across Afghanistan, the United States has announced that at least 50 percent of its troops have left Afghanistan. U.S. officials say half of their forces have left Afghanistan so far, according to CGTN. The U.S. military says it was responsible for the evacuation.
“We have completed at least half of the process of withdrawing our forces, and based on the September timetable, we will leave Afghanistan completely,” Gen. Kint McKinsey said Monday. “We are accelerating the process and at the same time acting very smoothly,” he told reporters in Dubai by telephone.
The U.S. general also called on the Afghan military and the Taliban to resume peace talks as soon as possible, as the coming months are crucial for Afghanistan.
The U.S. military says it has completed 50 percent of its withdrawal from Afghanistan, with the Taliban stepping up attacks in 21 provinces in recent weeks. However, the Ministry of National Defense speaks of a solid blow to the Taliban; But the Taliban claim that the group has seized several districts in recent weeks.
According to reports, Zalmai, the U.S. special envoy for peace in Afghanistan, is currently in power. At the same time, Ahmad Saeedi, a political analyst, says the United States has launched a new game against Afghanistan. According to Mr. Saeedi: “The U.S. agreement with the Taliban is to bring them to power, and the secrecy of Zalmai Khalilzad and Ashraf Ghani, the travels of General Bajwa Levi in Pakistan and the main plan of these games are to destabilize the countries.” In addition, “Central Asia’s Iran, as well as British aid, is turning Pakistan into a regional hotbed.”
The reports come as President Ghani’s government now insists that the Afghan army and police have been able to curb Taliban movements through joint efforts by commanders broadly. Still, the Taliban group has also claimed that in recent days They have since inflicted heavy casualties on the Afghan military.